Welcome to EyeWikiTM, the Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons.
EyeWiki is an ophthalmic wiki where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view an eye encyclopedia of content written by ophthalmologists covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist, or ophthalmologist in training, is invited to contribute content to the wiki and post it immediately. For content guidelines and more information see About EyeWiki and Getting Started. EyeWiki is a collaboration between the American Academy of Ophthalmology and these societies.
- Featured Article: Pituitary Adenoma, submitted by Kevin Lai, MD.
- EyeWiki Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
- To create an account for contributing to EyeWiki, please visit the getting started page. Unsure which articles are needed? Check the list of suggested topics.
- Note from the Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Editor-in-Chief: Don't forget to familiarize yourself with the EyeWiki copyright rules before posting new content.
Calling all Residents and Fellows: Win a Trip to the Academy Mid-Year Forum 2013
Residents and fellows in training in the United States can enter to win a trip to the 2013 Mid-Year Forum by submitting a high quality article to EyeWiki before Dec. 1 2012. Find out more
In the 2011 contest, the following ophthalmology residents won an all-expenses-paid trip to the Academy’s 2012 Mid-Year Forum in Washington, DC. They are:
- Cataract/Refractive Surgery/Cornea/Anterior Segment/Oncology/Pathology: Ladan Espandar, Tulane University - Rigid Gas Permeable Contact Lens Fitting
- Retina/Vitreous/Uveitis: Yoshihiro Yonekawa, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary - Pseudophakic Cystoid Macular Edema
- Glaucoma/Neuro‐Ophthalmology: Scott K. Schultz, Vanderbilt Eye Institute - Axenfeld Rieger Syndrome
- Pediatrics/Strabismus/Oculoplastics/Orbit: Michael A. Klufas, Weill Cornell Medical College - Intra-arterial Chemotherapy for Retinoblastoma
Become a fan of EyeWiki on Facebook and stay informed about what's new.