Difference between revisions of "User talk:Fasika.Woreta"
(→Ocular Trauma: June EyeWiki Update: new section)
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
Latest revision as of 09:30, June 7, 2019
Assigned editor status
|Article status||Date reviewed|
|Angle Recession Glaucoma||Up to Date||11 June 2021|
|Chorioretinitis Sclopetaria||Update Pending||10 April 2020|
|Ocular Penetrating and Perforating Injuries||Up to Date||18 December 2020|
|Purtscher Retinopathy and Purtscher-like Retinopathy||Up to Date||7 February 2021|
|Scleral Fixated Intraocular Lens||Up to Date||15 March 2021|
|Traumatic Glaucoma||Up to Date||6 April 2021|
|Traumatic Iritis||Up to Date||13 April 2021|
|Vitreous Hemorrhage||Up to Date||7 February 2021|
- Ocular Trauma (Main editor: Anna.Murchison, Editor: James.Auran, Brett.davies, Zeba.syed, Grant.Justin, Fasika.Woreta)
Ocular Trauma: June EyeWiki Update
Dear EyeWiki Editors,
In the past month, the site was viewed a total of 789,884 times. Since January 1, 2021 we have added 105 new articles. We have also collectively edited 969 articles since the start of the year out of our current 1201 articles.
Social Media for EyeWiki: Cat Burkat, Editor-in-Chief and Jenny Lim, Deputy Editor-in-Chief are working on a plans to launch an EyeWiki Twitter account. If you are experienced with Twitter or if you have an interest in writing tweets for EyeWiki, please let us know. We also invite you to follow EyeWiki on Facebook.
Tip of the Month: Add a gallery of images to feature disease progression.
- Upload image and caption to EyeWiki
- Use the visual editor (Edit link); then go to:
- Choose Gallery
- Select images
- More detailed instructions
This is a new EyeWiki feature that allows a gallery of images to be added to articles to feature disease progression from presentation through treatment. Images can be added by multiple contributors for a complete series. Here are two examples provided by EyeWiki editors Vatinee Bunya, Section Lead Cornea and Zeba Syed, Section Editor Cornea and Trauma:
Find other great tips in the Getting Started link.
Find Your Article Assignments
- Log in and go to the My Portal link at the top of the page next to "Recent Changes"
- This link leads directly to your section's Portal page
- To find your own article assignments, sort by “Assigned Editor (portal member)” or use the filter
- Review the Quick-Start Guide for Editors for helpful tips. For easy reference, this guide is also linked to each section Portal page.
When you complete an article review go to Edit with Form at the top of the article and change:
- The date to be current
- The status to Up to Date
- The reviewer name to your own
EyeWiki Contests: Two contests are currently open, please encourage residents and fellows to enter as well as international ophthalmologists you may know.
- 2021 U.S. Residents & Fellows Contest enter by December 1, 2021.
- 2022 International Contest enter by June 1, 2022.
Our Top 3 Most Viewed Articles for May 2021
About the Ocular Trauma section:
The Ocular Trauma section has 0 articles that have not been assigned status (see portal). There are also 18 articles in this section that need to be updated. As editors, you are responsible for assigning status to articles and updating articles. We are asking you to access your portal and address these outstanding issues ASAP.
Remember, the high priority topics for our section are: none found
If you have questions about editing EyeWiki, your role, or suggestions for the site, please contact your section lead editor, Anna Murchison, MD, MPH, or the EyeWiki editors Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS and Jennifer I Lim MD.
Thank you again for your dedication to the spread of ophthalmic knowledge via EyeWiki.
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Jennifer I. Lim, MD
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Dan Mummert
- Director, Online Education