Assigned editor status
|Article status||Date reviewed|
|Angle Recession Glaucoma||Update Pending||6 July 2020|
|Chorioretinitis Sclopetaria||Update Pending||10 April 2020|
|Ocular Penetrating and Perforating Injuries||Up to Date||18 December 2020|
|Purtscher Retinopathy and Purtscher-like Retinopathy||Up to Date||7 February 2021|
|Scleral Fixated Intraocular Lens||Up to Date||15 March 2021|
|Traumatic Glaucoma||Up to Date||6 April 2021|
|Traumatic Iritis||Up to Date||13 April 2021|
|Ultrasound Biomicroscopy||Update Pending||16 April 2020|
|Vitreous Hemorrhage||Up to Date||7 February 2021|
- Ocular Trauma (Main editor: Anna.Murchison, Editor: James.Auran, Brett.davies, Zeba.syed, Grant.Justin, Fasika.Woreta)
Ocular Trauma: June EyeWiki Update
Dear EyeWiki Editors,
In the past month, the site was viewed a total of Error! times. Since January 1, 2021 we have added 71 new articles. We have also collectively edited 863 articles since the start of the year out of our current 1168 articles.
2021 International Contest - June 1st Deadline: Now is the time to remind your international colleagues to enter the 2021 International Contest. Winners receive complimentary access to select Academy products as well as recognition as contest winners in a variety of publications. Section lead editors serve as judges for the articles entered into the contest and cannot be a co-author on any entry.
Tip of the Month: Which Edit link should I use?
There are 3 different editing links listed at the top of every article; each has a different purpose.
- Edit with form: Use this link to sign off your assigned articles when you have completed any needed edits and finished your review. This is where you change the date, status and reviewer name.
- Edit: This is called the "visual editor" and offers the most user friendly interface with options to format text, add links, images, citation and more.
- Edit source: This option will reveal source code and requires knowledge of special characters to format text and add links and images. Use this if you are comfortable with wiki editing practices.
Find other great tips in the Getting Started link.
To find your article assignments:
- Log in and go to the My Portal link at the top of the page next to "Recent Changes"
- This link leads directly to your section's Portal page
- To find your own article assignments, sort by “Assigned Editor (portal member)” or use the filter
- Review the Quick-Start Guide for Editors for helpful tips. For easy reference, this guide is also linked to each section Portal page.
When you complete an article review go to Edit with Form at the top of the article and change:
- The date to be current
- The status to Up to Date
- The reviewer name to your own
EyeWiki Contests: Two contests are currently open, please encourage residents and fellows to enter as well as international ophthalmologists you may know.
- 2021 International Contest enter by June 1, 2021.
- 2021 U.S. Residents & Fellows Contest enter by December 1, 2021.
Winners 2020 Residents and Fellows Contest:
- Robin K. Kuriakose, MD: Loma Linda University Eye Institute, Incision Construction
- Jacquelyn Laplant, MD: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and UTHSC Ophthalmology, Carotid Cavernous Fistula
- Minh T. Nguyen, MD: University of Washington, Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Karen M. Wai, MD: Massachusetts Eye and Ear, Medial Canthal Tendon Avulsion
Our Top 3 Most Viewed Articles for April 2021
About the Ocular Trauma section:
The Ocular Trauma section has 0 articles that have not been assigned status (see portal). There are also 18 articles in this section that need to be updated. As editors, you are responsible for assigning status to articles and updating articles. We are asking you to access your portal and address these outstanding issues ASAP.
Remember, the high priority topics for our section are: none found
If you have questions about editing EyeWiki, your role, or suggestions for the site, please contact your section lead editor, Anna Murchison, MD, MPH, or the EyeWiki editors Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS and Jennifer I Lim MD.
Thank you again for your dedication to the spread of ophthalmic knowledge via EyeWiki.
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Jennifer I. Lim, MD
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Dan Mummert
- Director, Online Education