Welcome to EyeWikiTM, the Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons
Where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view articles written by ophthalmologists covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist or ophthalmologist in training is invited to contribute content to the wiki.
Featured Article for February 1, 2016
Posner-Schlossman Syndrome (PSS), also known as glaucomatocyclitic crisis, is a disease typified by acute, unilateral, recurrent attacks of elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) accompanied by mild anterior chamber inflammation. The pathophysiology is still unknown, although there are several theories proposed, ranging from autoimmune to infectious. Treatment management is focused on controlling the intraocular pressure and decreasing inflammation.
- 2016 International Ophthalmologists contest now open. Contribute to EyeWiki before June 2, 2016 for a chance to win Academy online products.
- EyeWiki Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
Become a fan of EyeWiki on Facebook and stay informed about what's new.
- Getting Started
- Rich Text Editor User's Guide
- Request an account to contribute to EyeWiki
- Content guidelines and more information
- Unsure which articles are needed? Check the list of suggested topics.
- Read the EyeWiki copyright rules before posting new content.
Section Lead Editors
- Cataract/Anterior Segment
- Alpa S. Patel, M.D.
- Cornea/External Disease
- Penny A. Asbell M.D. M.B.A.
- Sarwat Salim MD, FACS
- Andrew Go Lee, MD
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Todd Mondzelewski, MD
- Pediatric Ophthalmology/Strabismus
- Monte A Del Monte, MD
- Refractive Management/Intervention
- Natalie Afshari, MD FACS
- Vinay A. Shah M.D.
- Russell W. Read, MD, PhD