Welcome to EyeWikiTM, the Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons.
Where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view an eye encyclopedia written by ophthalmologists covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist or ophthalmologist in training is invited to contribute content to the wiki.
Featured Article for August 19, 2015
Mooren’s ulceration (MU) is characterized by painful peripheral corneal ulceration of unknown etiology. The disease generally begins with intense limbal inflammation and swelling in the episclera and conjunctiva. Although the etiology for Mooren’s ulcer (MU) is unknown, there is evidence suggesting an autoimmune basis.
- 2015 U.S. residents and fellows in training contest now open. Contribute to EyeWiki before December 1st for a Chance to Win a Trip to the Academy’s 2016 Mid-Year Forum.
- EyeWiki Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
Become a fan of EyeWiki on Facebook and stay informed about what's new.
- Getting Started
- Rich Text Editor User's Guide
- Request an account to contribute to EyeWiki
- Content guidelines and more information
- Unsure which articles are needed? Check the list of suggested topics.
- Read the EyeWiki copyright rules before posting new content.
Section Lead Editors
- Cataract/Anterior Segment
- Alpa S. Patel, M.D.
- Cornea/External Disease
- Penny A. Asbell M.D. M.B.A.
- Sarwat Salim MD, FACS
- Andrew Go Lee, MD
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Todd Mondzelewski, MD
- Pediatric Ophthalmology/Strabismus
- Monte A Del Monte, MD
- Refractive Management/Intervention
- Natalie Afshari, MD FACS
- Vinay A. Shah M.D.
- Russell W. Read, MD, PhD