Welcome to EyeWiki, the Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons
Where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view articles written by ophthalmologists covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist or ophthalmologist in training is invited to contribute content to the wiki.
Featured Article for October 15, 2017
Nonspecific Orbital Inflammation (Idiopathic orbital inflammation, Orbital inflammatory syndrome, Orbital pseudotumor)
Nonspecific orbital inflammation (NSOI), also known as orbital inflammatory pseudotumor, idiopathic orbital inflammation and orbital inflammatory syndrome is the most common cause of painful orbital mass in adults. NSOI can be localized or diffuse.
- 2017 Residents and Fellows Contest now open. U.S. residents and fellows can take advantage of a phenomenal online publishing opportunity and win an all-expenses-paid trip to the Academy’s Mid-Year Forum in Washington, DC. Submit by Dec. 1 for a chance to attend the 2018 Mid-Year Forum
- 2018 International Ophthalmologists contest now open. Contribute to EyeWiki before June 2, 2018, for a chance to win online products from the Academy.
- Former EyeWiki Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
Become a fan of EyeWiki on Facebook and stay informed about what's new.
- Getting Started
- Rich Text Editor User's Guide
- Request an account to contribute to EyeWiki
- Content guidelines and more information
- Unsure which articles are needed? Check the list of suggested topics.
- Read the EyeWiki copyright rules before posting new content.
Section Lead Editors
- Cataract/Anterior Segment
- Alpa S. Patel, M.D.
- Cornea/External Disease
- Maria A. Woodward, MD
- Ahmad A. Aref, MD
- Andrew Go Lee, MD
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Todd Mondzelewski, MD
- Pediatric Ophthalmology/Strabismus
- Monte A Del Monte, MD
- Refractive Management/Intervention
- Majid Moshirfar, M.D.
- Vinay A. Shah M.D.
- Russell W. Read, MD, PhD