Welcome to EyeWikiTM, the Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons.
EyeWiki is an ophthalmic wiki where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view an eye encyclopedia written by ophthalmologists covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist, or ophthalmologist in training, is invited to contribute content to the wiki and post it immediately. For content guidelines and more information see About EyeWiki and Getting Started. EyeWiki is a collaboration between the American Academy of Ophthalmology and these societies.
Residents and Fellows-in-Training Contest Winners
Congratulations to the winners of the 2013 EyeWiki residents and fellows-in-training contest. The four winners have won all-expenses-paid trips 2014 Mid-Year Forum in Washington, D.C. for their outstanding contributions to EyeWiki.
- Manik Goel, MD, Washington University in St. Louis: Femtosecond lasers and laser assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Sanket U. Shah, MD, Indiana University: Vitreomacular traction syndrome
- Dilraj S. Grewal, MD, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine: Ocular ischemic syndrome
- Yasser M. Elshatory, MD, PhD, Dean McGee Eye Institute: Albinism
- EyeWiki Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
- To create an account for contributing to EyeWiki, please visit the getting started page. Unsure which articles are needed? Check the list of suggested topics.
- Note from the Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Editor-in-Chief: Don't forget to familiarize yourself with the EyeWiki copyright rules before posting new content.
Become a fan of EyeWiki on Facebook and stay informed about what's new.