Welcome to EyeWikiTM, the Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons.
EyeWiki is an ophthalmic wiki where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view an eye encyclopedia of content written by ophthalmologists covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist, or ophthalmologist in training, is invited to contribute content to the wiki and post it immediately. For content guidelines and more information see About EyeWiki and Getting Started. EyeWiki is a collaboration between the American Academy of Ophthalmology and these societies.
Congratulations to the Winners of the 2012 EyeWiki Contest!
Thank you to all of the ophthalmology residents and fellows in training who helped EyeWiki grow in 2012. The following contributors won all-expenses-paid trips to the Academy’s 2013 Mid-Year Forum in Washington, DC:
- Hubert Pham, MD, Washington Hospital Center/Georgetown University Hospital, Onchocerciasis (African River Blindness)
- Yasser Elshatory, MD, University of Oklahoma - Dean McGee Eye Institute, Age-related macular degeneration
- Crystal Hung, MD, Jules Stein Eye Institute, Glaucomatocyclitic Crisis (Posner-Schlossman Syndrome)
- Rao V. Chundury, MD, St. Louis University, Nonspecific Orbital Inflammation (Idiopathic orbital inflammation, Orbital inflammatory syndrome, Orbital pseudotumor)
- EyeWiki Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
- To create an account for contributing to EyeWiki, please visit the getting started page. Unsure which articles are needed? Check the list of suggested topics.
- Note from the Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Editor-in-Chief: Don't forget to familiarize yourself with the EyeWiki copyright rules before posting new content.
Become a fan of EyeWiki on Facebook and stay informed about what's new.