Welcome to EyeWikiTM, the Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons.
EyeWiki is an ophthalmic wiki where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view an eye encyclopedia written by ophthalmologists covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist, or ophthalmologist in training, is invited to contribute content to the wiki and post it immediately. For content guidelines and more information see About EyeWiki and Getting Started. EyeWiki is a collaboration between the American Academy of Ophthalmology and these societies.
Residents and Fellows-in-Training Contest Winners
Congratulations to the winners of the 2014 EyeWiki Residents and Fellows-in-Training Contest. The four winners have won all-expenses-paid trips to the 2015 Mid-Year Forum in Washington, D.C. for their outstanding contributions to EyeWiki.
- Rahul S. Tonk, MD, MBA, Albany Medical College: Blepharitis
- Sarah H. Van Tassel, MD, Weill Cornell Medical College: Optic Disc Hemorrhage
- Margaret L. Pfeiffer, MD, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston: Enucleation
- Aniruddha Agarwal, MD, Stanley M. Truhlsen Eye Institute, University of Nebraska Medical Center: Retinal Vasculitis
International Ophthalmologist Contest Winners
Later this month, we will be announcing the four winners of the 2015 EyeWiki International Ophthalmologist Contest. This annual contest is open to any ophthalmologist from outside of the United States who contributes to the EyeWiki. Winners can choose to receive either the Academy’s Basic and Clinical Science Course (BCSC) Complete Set eBook series or a two-year subscription to Focal Points Digital.
- EyeWiki Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
- To create an account for contributing to EyeWiki, please visit the getting started page. Unsure which articles are needed? Check the list of suggested topics.
- Note from the Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Editor-in-Chief: Don't forget to familiarize yourself with the EyeWiki copyright rules before posting new content.
Become a fan of EyeWiki on Facebook and stay informed about what's new.
Section Lead Editors
- Cataract/Anterior Segment
- Alpa S. Patel, M.D.
- Cornea/External Disease
- Penny A. Asbell M.D. M.B.A.
- Sarwat Salim MD, FACS
- Andrew Go Lee, MD
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Todd Mondzelewski, MD
- Pediatric Ophthalmology/Strabismus
- Monte A Del Monte, MD
- Refractive Management/Intervention
- Natalie Afshari, MD FACS
- Vinay A. Shah M.D.
- Russell W. Read, MD, PhD