- We only use information collected on the Web Site for Academy purposes.
- We deploy technology to protect the information you send us.
- Cookies are used to keep track of information to allow a better user experience and this information is kept confidential within the Academy.
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site.
Policies Governing the Use of Academy E-mail Addresses The Academy’s CEO/Executive Vice President may grant permission to use Academy e-mail addresses to organizations, firms or individuals who agree to comply with the following conditions:
1. The Academy determines if the use of e-mail addresses is of benefit to its members and/or their patients
2. The content of every e-mail correspondence is subject to advance approval by the Academy. A sample of each intended email correspondence must be reviewed and approved by the Academy.
3. Each set of Academy e-mail addresses will be used only once and only for the purpose approved by the Academy.
4. An entity other than the Academy cannot use Academy e-mail addresses to create or update its own database. The e-mail address list is the property of the Academy and may not be duplicated or retransmitted or resold to a third party.
5. Use of Academy e-mail addresses does not imply Academy endorsement, and no implication of endorsement will be made in any correspondence.
6. Academy e-mail addresses will not be made available for any communication on drugs, medical equipment or devices involving the offer of a rebate, discount, or other remuneration, which in the sole discretion of the Academy might be illegal or unethical.
7. Academy e-mail addresses will not be made available for any communication that, in the judgment of the Academy, would tend to mislead, misinform, or deceive.
Security The Web Site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
Contacting the Web site If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web Site, you can contact:
American Academy of Ophthalmology IT Department 655 Beach Street San Francisco, CA 94109 firstname.lastname@example.org