Welcome to EyeWiki, the Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons
EyeWiki is where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view articles written by ophthalmologists, covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist or ophthalmologist in training is invited to contribute content to the wiki.
Featured Article for June 15, 2019
Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of blindness worldwide. All current therapies for glaucoma target intraocular pressure (IOP) lowering either through the use of oral or topical medications, laser or surgical therapy. The trabecular meshwork (TM), specifically the juxtacanalicular meshwork, has long been thought to be the site of greatest resistance to aqueous outflow. Incision and/or removal of the trabecular meshwork, i.e Trabeculectomy or Goniotomy, has been successfully used to lower IOP in congenital glaucoma for years and more recently has been shown to be advantageous in adult patients as well.
- Access EyeWiki on the new AAO Ophthalmic Education App.
- Join us for EyeWiki Live in San Francisco at AAO 2019 where select articles will be presented on Monday Oct., 14th, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. in the Learning Lounge.
- 2019 Residents and Fellows Contest is now open. U.S. residents and fellows can take advantage of a phenomenal online publishing opportunity and win an all-expenses-paid trip to the Academy’s Mid-Year Forum in Washington, DC. Submit by Dec. 1 (midnight, Pacific Time) for a chance to attend the 2020 Mid-Year Forum
- 2020 International Ophthalmologists contest now open. Contribute to EyeWiki before June 2, 2020, for a chance to win online products from the Academy.
- Former EyeWiki Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
- Getting Started
- Rich Text Editor User's Guide
- Sign up for an account to contribute to EyeWiki
- Content guidelines and more information
- Unsure which articles are needed? Check the list of suggested topics.
- Read the EyeWiki copyright rules before posting new content.
- View Section Portal pages.
Section Lead Editors
- Cataract/Anterior Segment
- Alpa S. Patel, M.D.
- Cornea/External Disease
- Vatinee Bunya, MD
- Ahmad A. Aref, MD
- Andrew Go Lee, MD
- Ocular Trauma
- Anna Murchison, MD, MPH
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Matthew W. Wilson, MD, FACS
- Pediatric Ophthalmology/Strabismus
- Monte A Del Monte, MD
- Refractive Management/Intervention
- Majid Moshirfar, M.D.
- Jennifer I Lim MD
- Alan Palestine, MD