Welcome to EyeWiki, the Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons
EyeWiki is where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view articles written by ophthalmologists, covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist or ophthalmologist in training is invited to contribute content to the wiki.
Featured Article for September 14, 2020
Actinic keratoses are a premalignant squamous lesions. They may appear clinically as a erythematous, scaly macules or papules. Lesions typically present in middle aged or elderly patients. Sun exposed areas are most commonly affected. Squamous cell carcinoma may develop from preexisting actinic keratoses. Thus, biosy of suspected lesions and long term follow-up are necessary in patients with this condition. The risk of subsequent metastastatic dissemination is very low (0.5-3.0%).
- Access EyeWiki on the new AAO Ophthalmic Education App.
- Academy CEO, David Parke, MD, presents a perspective in EyeNet: EyeWiki, Do you Wiki?
- 2020 Residents and Fellows Contest is now open. U.S. residents and fellows can take advantage of a phenomenal online publishing opportunity and win an all-expenses-paid trip to the Academy’s Mid-Year Forum in Washington, DC. Submit by Dec. 1 (midnight, Pacific Time) for a chance to attend the 2021 Mid-Year Forum. Winners will also be considered for presenting their work at the AAO Annual Meeting.
- 2021 International Ophthalmologists contest is now open. Contribute to EyeWiki before June 2, 2021, for a chance to win online products from the Academy. Winners will also be considered for presenting their work at the AAO Annual Meeting.
- Former EyeWiki Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
- Getting Started
- Rich Text Editor User's Guide
- Sign up for an account to contribute to EyeWiki
- Content guidelines and more information
- Unsure which articles are needed? Check the list of suggested topics.
- Read the EyeWiki copyright rules before posting new content.
- View Section Portal pages.
Section Lead Editors
- Cataract/Anterior Segment
- Alpa S. Patel, M.D.
- Cornea/External Disease
- Vatinee Bunya, MD
- Ahmad A. Aref, MD, MBA
- Andrew Go Lee, MD
- Ocular Trauma
- Anna Murchison, MD, MPH
- Michael T Yen, MD
- Matthew W. Wilson, MD, FACS
- Pediatric Ophthalmology/Strabismus
- Monte A Del Monte, MD
- Refractive Management/Intervention
- Alaa Eldanasoury, MD
- Jennifer I Lim MD
- Alan Palestine, MD