Welcome to EyeWiki, the Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons
EyeWiki is where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view articles written by ophthalmologists, covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist or ophthalmologist in training is invited to contribute content to the wiki.
Featured Article for April 15, 2019
Sinus mucoceles are epithelial lined cavities containing sterile mucus which develop as the result of an outflow obstruction of a sinus ostium. When containing pus, it is called a mucopyocele. They most commonly originate from the frontal and ethmoidal sinuses and can erode through neighboring structures such as the orbital walls. Large mucoceles can encroach into the orbit causing orbital or ocular symptoms that lead the patient to present initially to the ophthalmologist. Due to the large variety of symptoms on presentation, up to 47% of patients can be misdiagnosed on initial presentation with a delay of diagnosis for up to 520 weeks.
- 2019 Residents and Fellows Contest is now open. U.S. residents and fellows can take advantage of a phenomenal online publishing opportunity and win an all-expenses-paid trip to the Academy’s Mid-Year Forum in Washington, DC. Submit by Dec. 1 (midnight, Pacific Time) for a chance to attend the 2020 Mid-Year Forum
- 2019 International Ophthalmologists contest now open. Contribute to EyeWiki before June 2, 2019, for a chance to win online products from the Academy.
- Former EyeWiki Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
- Getting Started
- Rich Text Editor User's Guide
- Sign up for an account to contribute to EyeWiki
- Content guidelines and more information
- Unsure which articles are needed? Check the list of suggested topics.
- Read the EyeWiki copyright rules before posting new content.
- View Section Portal pages.
Section Lead Editors
- Cataract/Anterior Segment
- Alpa S. Patel, M.D.
- Cornea/External Disease
- Vatinee Bunya, MD
- Ahmad A. Aref, MD
- Andrew Go Lee, MD
- Ocular Trauma
- Anna Murchison, MD, MPH
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Pediatric Ophthalmology/Strabismus
- Monte A Del Monte, MD
- Refractive Management/Intervention
- Majid Moshirfar, M.D.
- Jennifer I Lim MD
- Alan Palestine, MD