Dear EyeWiki Editors,
In the past month, the site was viewed a total of 1,486,822 times. Since January 1, 2023 we have added 37 new articles. We have also collectively edited 794 articles since the start of the year out of our current 1494 articles.
EyeWiki now hosts over 1,450 articles covering most clinical topics in ophthalmology. Before adding a new article, authors are asked to perform a thorough Search are asked not to create articles that duplicate or significantly overlap other articles. Instead authors are asked to revise existing articles and to link related articles.
Tip of the Month: How Do I Add Links to Other EyeWiki Articles?
- Use the Edit button in an article
- Highlight the text you wish to display in the link
- Choose the link button n the Edit menu or enter Ctrl K
- Check to see the EyeWiki tab is selected
- Search for the article you want to link to
- Choose the article you want from the Search results
- Note: You may also enter external links by choosing the External Site tab
- Find other great tips in the Getting Started tab
Find Your Article Assignments
- Log in and go to the My Portal link at the top of the page next to "Recent Changes"
- This link leads directly to your section's Portal page
- To find your own article assignments, sort by “Assigned Editor (portal member)” or use the filter
- Review the Quick-Start Guide for Editors for helpful tips. For easy reference, this guide is also linked to each section Portal page
Sign Off When You Have Finished an Article Review
- When you complete an article review go to Edit with Form at the top of the article and change:
- The date to be current
- The status to Up to Date
- The reviewer name to your own (This is how we know which editor last reviewed a co-assigned article)
EyeWiki Contests Currently Open
- 2023 International Contest enter through May 31, 2023.
- 2023 U.S. Residents & Fellows Contest enter through November 30, 2023.
Our Top 3 Most Viewed Articles for February 2023
About the Cornea/External Disease section:
The Cornea/External Disease section has 0 articles that have not been assigned status (see portal). There are also 108 articles in this section that need to be updated. As editors, you are responsible for assigning status to articles and updating articles. We are asking you to access your portal and address these outstanding issues ASAP.
Remember, the high priority topics for our section are: none found
If you have questions about editing EyeWiki, your role, or suggestions for the site, please contact your section lead editor, Colleen Halfpenny, M.D., or the EyeWiki editors Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS and Jennifer I Lim MD.
Thank you again for your dedication to the spread of ophthalmic knowledge via EyeWiki.
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Jennifer I. Lim, MD
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Dan Mummert
- Director, Online Education