Dear EyeWiki Editors,
In the past month, the site was viewed a total of 1,283,331 times. Since January 1, 2022 we have added 118 new articles. We have also collectively edited 1201 articles since the start of the year out of our current 1400 articles.
New EyeWiki Contest Rules Allow Entry of Article Revisions
- To better encourage the EyeWiki community to collectively edit and keep the site up to date, rules for the 2022 U.S. Residents & Fellows Contest and the 2023 International Contest have been revised to allow article revisions as contest entries.
- Because EyeWiki articles are subject to revision at any time by any ophthalmologist with an EyeWiki account, the same article may be submitted by more than one entrant and to multiple contests.
- Lead EyeWiki editors serve as judges for both contests and may not be co-authors on contest entries.
Tip of the Month: What do I do if I find duplicate or overlapping articles?
- EyeWiki authors should do a thorough Search before adding a new article to be sure that the content is not already covered by an existing article.
- Articles addressing the same content under different titles should not be retained as well as articles with content that could be addressed as a section of another article e.g. Management Options. The goal is to have 1 topic that may be updated and revised by the EyeWiki community to keep it current.
- If you find such articles contact EyeWiki staff, and they will ask the author of the newer topic to add their contributions to the preexisting article. These authors may have the option to enter their revisions to one of the EyeWiki contests if they are eligible.
- Find other great tips in the Getting Started tab.
Find Your Article Assignments
- Log in and go to the My Portal link at the top of the page next to "Recent Changes"
- This link leads directly to your section's Portal page
- To find your own article assignments, sort by “Assigned Editor (portal member)” or use the filter
- Review the Quick-Start Guide for Editors for helpful tips. For easy reference, this guide is also linked to each section Portal page.
When you complete an article review go to Edit with Form at the top of the article and change:
- The date to be current
- The status to Up to Date
- The reviewer name to your own
EyeWiki Contests Currently Open
- 2022 U.S. Residents & Fellows Contest enter by December 1, 2022.
- 2023 International Contest enter by June 1, 2023.
Our Top 3 Most Viewed Articles for July 2022
About the Pediatric Ophthalmology/Strabismus section:
The Pediatric Ophthalmology/Strabismus section has 0 articles that have not been assigned status (see portal). There are also 55 articles in this section that need to be updated. As editors, you are responsible for assigning status to articles and updating articles. We are asking you to access your portal and address these outstanding issues ASAP.
Remember, the high priority topics for our section are: none found
If you have questions about editing EyeWiki, your role, or suggestions for the site, please contact your section lead editor, S. Grace Prakalapakorn, MD, MPH, or the EyeWiki editors Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS and Jennifer I Lim MD.
Thank you again for your dedication to the spread of ophthalmic knowledge via EyeWiki.
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Jennifer I. Lim, MD
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Dan Mummert
- Director, Online Education