This page contains a message that will be sent within every portal's message every month. It must be updated monthly before the portal messages are sent out. To remove this message for a particular month, see the instructions by editing this page. This month's message will be:
EyeWiki is Now on Twitter: Section lead editors have been asked to submit one or more tweets monthly. If you would like to write tweets for EyeWiki contact your section lead editor or email@example.com. If you are on Twitter please follow @eyewiki and retweet posts from EyeWiki to support building a social media presence.
Each section is now being asked to keep a minimum of 60% of their articles up to date. As you know articles on EyeWiki need to be reviewed every 6 months by an EyeWiki editor; after 6 months the article is tagged as "update pending" meaning an editor needs to check to see that the article is still current and that any changes made by the community are appropriate. Section statistics can be found in each of your Portals. As a bonus any section that is over 80% will be featured on Twitter. Please help maintain EyeWiki by keeping your assigned articles up to date.
Tip of the Month: Using the Watchlist
- After logging you can find a link to your Watchlist at the top right hand side of any page. (Between Preference and Contributions)
- When you edit or make changes to an article the article is automatically added to your Watchlist.
- When changes are made to an article on your Watchlist you will receive an email notification to assist you in monitoring your assigned articles.
- To edit your Watchlist:
- Click on the Watch list link
- Go to Edit your list of watched pages
- To change email notifications, go to Preferences, User Profile, Email Options.
Find other great tips in the Getting Started link.
Find Your Article Assignments
- Log in and go to the My Portal link at the top of the page next to "Recent Changes"
- This link leads directly to your section's Portal page
- To find your own article assignments, sort by “Assigned Editor (portal member)” or use the filter
- Review the Quick-Start Guide for Editors for helpful tips. For easy reference, this guide is also linked to each section Portal page.
When you complete an article review go to Edit with Form at the top of the article and change:
- The date to be current
- The status to Up to Date
- The reviewer name to your own
EyeWiki Contests: Three contests are currently open, please encourage others to enter.
- 2021 U.S. Residents & Fellows Contest enter by December 1, 2021.
- 2022 Best Article Revision Contest enter by March 1, 2022.
- 2022 International Contest enter by June 1, 2022.
Our Top 3 Most Viewed Articles for September 2021