Dear EyeWiki Editors,
In the past month, the site was viewed a total of 658,272 times. Since December 31, 2020 we have added 9 new articles. We have also collectively edited 141 articles since the start of the year out of our current 1110 articles.
All Editors Meeting, Dec. 2020 : Thank you to those of you who were able to join the all editors virtual meeting in December. We had a wonderful gathering and everyone expressed their heartfelt thanks to Marcus Marcet for his 10 years of service to EyeWiki. Andrew Lee and Monte Del Monte, Section Lead Editors for Neuro Ophthalmology and Pediatric Ophthalmology respectively, were also recognized for their many years of service to EyeWiki. Cat Burkat produced a commemorative video in recognition of Marcus for his dedication and commitment to EyeWiki:
Leadership Changes for 2021: Marcus will continue on in an advisory capacity as Past Editor-in-Chief. Cat Burkat, Deputy Editor-in-Chief, will replace Marcus and Jennifer Lim, Section Lead Editor for Retina/Vitreous is the new Deputy Editor-in-Chief. Congratulations to all of these dedicated EyeWiki editors on their new positions:
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS, Editor-in-Chief
- Jennifer I Lim MD, Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Nagham Al-Zubidi, MD, Section Lead Editor, Neuro-ophthalmology/Orbit
- S. Grace Prakalapakorn, MD, MPH, Section Lead Editor, Pediatric Ophthalmology/Strabismus
- Neelakshi Bhagat, MD, MPH, FACS, Section Lead Editor, Retina/Vitreous
AAO 2020 Virtual: Many thanks to those lead editors who participated in the celebratory EyeWiki symposium. During the symposium, each editor presented a unique perspective about EyeWiki over the last 10 years and into the future. The AAO 2020 Virtual platform will remain open until Feb. 15, 2021. Registered attendees may access the EyeWiki Symposium in the On Demand content. You can still register for AAO 2020, and you will have access to this symposium as well as hundreds of hours of other valuable content.
REMINDER: All EyeWiki editors need to review their assigned articles at least once every 6 months. To find your article assignments:
- Log in and go to the My Portal link at the top of the page next to "Recent Changes"
- This link leads directly to your section's Portal page
- To find your own article assignments, sort by “Assigned Editor (portal member)” or use the filter
- Note: The quick-start guide for editors is linked to the Portal page with helpful tips
When you complete an article review go to Edit with Form at the top of the article and change:
- The date to be current
- The status to Up to Date
- The reviewer name to your own
EyeWiki Contests: Two contests are currently open, please encourage residents and fellows to enter as well as international ophthalmologists you may know.
- 2021 International Contest enter by June 1, 2021.
- 2021 U.S. Residents & Fellows Contest enter by December 1, 2021.
Our Top 3 Most Viewed Articles for December 2020
About the Cataract/Anterior Segment section:
The Cataract/Anterior Segment section has 0 articles that have not been assigned status (see portal). There are also 75 articles in this section that need to be updated. As editors, you are responsible for assigning status to articles and updating articles. We are asking you to access your portal and address these outstanding issues ASAP.
Thank you to the following editors who have made edits to the EyeWiki this month:
- Derek W DelMonte, MD: (Epithelial Downgrowth and Glaucoma, Pinhole Intraocular Lenses, Iris flocculus, Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery Pearls, Argentinian flag sign, Corneal Wound Hydration, Can-Vac CCC (Cannula-vacuum continuous curvilinear capsulorhexis): A novel approach for capsulorhexis, Cataracts in Children, Congenital and Acquired, Anterior Capsular Contraction Syndrome, Anterior Segment Developmental Anomalies (ASDA), Cerebrotendinous Xanthomatosis (CTX), Epithelial Downgrowth and Glaucoma, Femtosecond Cataract Surgery, Simultaneous bilateral cataract surgery and Urrets-Zavalia Syndrome)
- Kourtney Houser, MD: (Prosthetic Iris Devices, Pseudoexfoliation Syndrome, Sub-Tenon anaesthesia, Management of paediatric cataract, Management of paediatric cataract, Management of paediatric cataract, Management of paediatric cataract, Management of paediatric cataract, Management of paediatric cataract, Management of paediatric cataract, Povidone-Iodine in Ophthalmic Surgery and Povidone-Iodine in Ophthalmic Surgery)
And special thanks to the following editors for adding new EyeWiki articles to the site this month: No new articles from Cataract/Anterior Segment editors during the prior month
Remember, the high priority topics for our section are: none found
If you have questions about editing EyeWiki, your role, or suggestions for the site, please contact your section lead editor, Alpa S. Patel, M.D., or the EyeWiki editors Marcus M. Marcet, MD and Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS.
Thank you again for your dedication to the spread of ophthalmic knowledge via EyeWiki.
- Marcus Marcet, MD
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Dan Mummert
- Director, Online Education
Subject of the message (also used as the edit summary):
Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:
Use the form below to send messages to a specified list. All fields are required (more information).Use the form below to send messages to a specified list. All fields are required (more information).Use the form below to send messages to a specified list. All fields are required (more information).Use the form below to send messages to a specified list. All fields are required (more information).